Barbie doll dress project

I actually finished something! 

I made a dress for this giant Barbie doll Ive had a little while. Its in 3 parts, kind of inspired by how dresses used to be made up of a shift and a corset etc

The shift was easy, i used elastic and didnt make it to ft especially closely

Oh, and the underskirt bit too! I forgot that, it was a last minute thing. I wanted a bit of volume to the skirt. Then I made the bodice and over skirt more carefully

The skirt was fairly straightforward, just a rectangle gathered onto a waistband. The material is actually a pair of leggings I found in a charity shop. Are they leggings when its not stretchy material? They’re shaped like them anyway

The bodice was the hardest bit. I tried this technique Ive seen on youtube for the first time, where you wrap the body in clingfilm and tape, then draw on a pattern. Cut it off, and you’ve got a fitted pattern. Theres loads of tutorials on it. I did the clingfilm and tape thing over the shift, since it was meant to fit over, and there it is

I like that technique, Im going to use it again I think

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Barbie doll dress project”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s