Chrissy, from https://kickyresin.wordpress.com/
nominated me to do the Liebster award thing
- Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog.
- Post the award image on your blog.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them your post
So, thanks Chrissy! This is a bit of a new one for me. Im not sure Ive successsfully managed to link to their blog, but I tried dammit!
So, heres my answers to Chrissys questions
- What drives you to write/create?- I dont really know. Ive always done creative things, and I certainly wouldnt like to not be able to create, but why I sit in my room hunching over tiny doll jumpers? No idea. It makes me happy
- How do you “prepare” for a writing session? (Do you have snacks, a favorite drink, certain time, place, etc?) Ive usually been planning the post for a bit in my head before I start, but Im not a very organised person. When I first started this blog I hadn’t even taken the pictures before I started writing, I took them as I went along, there was that little plan. Now I do take photos in advance though. I dont want to put lots of planning and preparation into this, because I do it for fun, and to me thats not fun. If I felt like blogging was a chore, Id just stop doing it.
- If you could time travel, would you travel to the past or the future? Well if I could time travel, ideally Id do both! But if I had to pick, Id go to the past. Its not a total unknown quantity- we know about how people dressed and behaved to some extent so I could fit in a bit. Plus, I will go to the future, as time passes. You can never go back to the past. Plus, honestly, Id probably pick up stuff from the past and bring it back to sell now. Im quite practically minded about stuff like that 🙂
- What is your spirit animal and why do you identify with that animal? ~Or~ What is your favorite animal and why? I dont claim to have a spirit animal because spirit animals are part of the belief system of another culture, and people of that culture have said that they feel its appropriative for others to use the terminology to mean ‘animal they like’. I also think its a pretty funny coincidence that when people do claim to have a spirit animal, its always something romantic like a wolf or a tiger. You never seem to come across people claiming to have a deep connection with a duck. I would say that the animal I am most like, however, is a pigeon or a seagull. Loud, annoying, and steals your food 🙂 My favourite animals are too long to list.
- Where do you see yourself in ten years? Hopefully having qualified in my chosen career, with a stable job, and beginning to work on further qualifications to progress. Also, not sharing a bathroom any more.
- Would you rather go to Hogwarts or go on an adventure with Gandalf? Hogwarts! Hogwarts hogwarts hogwarts!
- Do you prefer to own books or go to the library? I like to own books because then I can just come back to them whenever
- Would you like to be famous? If so, what for? If not, why not? I wouldnt like to be famous. I dont see any attraction in it personally, why is people knowing who I am a good thing?
- Have you ever made a dream of yours come true? Im working towards the career Ive wanted since I was 8 years old. Ive not done it yet, but Im well on the way.
- What are three things that you can’t live without? Air, food, and water
- What message do you want to impart to your readers? Go your own way. Dont do things just because other people do. The biggest regrets I have are from things I did for those reasons, instead of because I actually wanted to
Alright, here are the doll questions.
- How did you get into the hobby? Kind of by accident. I loved dolls when I was younger, but threw away my childhood toys as a teenager. I started buying dolls whilst in sixth form (thats ages 16 to 18, typically, for non-english readers), without really having any kind of plan, just because I liked them. I started on Disney princesses. Once I moved out of my parents house, I just got more and more into them.
- How many dolls do you have or plan to have? No idea. Quite a lot. Im just going to keep getting them whilstever there are ones I like and can afford.
- What is your dream/grail doll? I would like to buy an American Girl doll in person, from one of the AG stores
- Is there a feature of a doll that will always win you over? Not reliably. My dolls are pretty eclectic, I just like what I like.
- Do your dolls have their own personalities, stories, or universe? Yes, although they are quite changeable. I forget sometimes, and end up unintentionally rewriting characters
- Do you prefer to buy things or make things for your dolls? I enjoy making them, but there are times when Im much happpier with things Ive bought than the results of trying to make it.
- Do you have a favorite brand or company for dolls, clothes, wigs, shoes, etc? None in particular
- What is your favorite size of doll? I quite like the larger dolls. Up from Barbie size. The big MH dolls are a nice size to work with I think
- Do you have a favorite doll in your collection? Too many
- What is more important, aesthetics or pose-ability? Or something else? Usually its a balance. If the articulation is good, sometimes I can do something with the aesthetics. Equally, a really lovely doll will win me over even with poor articulation
- Where do you keep your dolls? Everywhere! I live in one rented room, and they’re on the desk, on the floor, in drawers and cupboards and boxes. Even in my bed at times.
My questions are:
What was the first doll in your collection that you still have now?
Do you have any lines/brands where you want to get any doll from that line, regardless of who it is?
Best/ most interesting new doll line in the last 5 years?
Most ambitious doll-related project?
How do the people you are close to feel/act about your interest in dolls? Has anyone been mean? Or surprised you by being nice?
Do you have any stories of sibling/pet related doll destruction?
Do you have a mini me doll? If not, are you planning on making/getting one?
Does realism matter to you in a doll?
Do you have a preferred doll size?
Is there a certain ‘look’ that your dolls have in common?
What other hobbies do you have?
So there it is. This is voluntary, noone has to do it, but hey, I thought it was fun. Its supposed to be people under a certain number of followers, but I could find how many followers people had, so some of my nominations might be over by a bit.